Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Genesis

Oh, blogging… “Never before have so many people with so little to say said so much to so few.” I guess having a child almost necessitates a blog. A blog; maybe it could be considered a journal that we can look back upon; maybe it could be a way to connect with friends or family; maybe it could merely be a creative outlet; or maybe, as we sometimes see ourselves as actors in a play, it is a way to share experiences how and when we want thus constructing a “happily ever after” script regardless of reality.

I never quite understood the argument, “My kids are cuter than your kids”… until about two months ago. So, maybe blogging gets me there. A blog complete with moments of cuteness just might convince a jury of my peers that Brielle truly is the cutest of them all.

Or maybe, this is a way for me to capture something in my life that I never had. I was over 11 pounds when I was born. During labor I was stuck in the birth canal and a C-section was performed to get me out. Chunky, with a large misshapen head (no need to start with the So I Married an Axe Murderer references – I had those lines memorized and hadn’t even seen the movie – Head! Go cry yerself to sleep on your huge pilla!). The movie ET had just come out and, well, you get the point. Being born a toddler, I was never able to strut my newborn cuteness.

Welcome to the Mortley Crue Blog! I hope this blog doesn’t turn out to be merely a look-at-Brielle blog but, if anything, I hope this blog provides Amanda and me something to look back upon the year 2010 going forward. Many of the major “stress events” happened this year…new house, new baby, CPA licensed, a nearly serious car accident, and a new job. 2010 will go down as one of the most memorable years of our lives!

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh yeah welcome to the blogging times. That is a gorgeous gorgeous baby. WOW what eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Well that's a huge noggin... it's a virtual planetoid... has its own weather system."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man Marshall...what words of wisdom! Your a writer!~love that you're part of the blog group now! ...It's sometimes hard to stay on top of postings...but very rewarding to go back and look at everything. You guys are so cute and we loved seeing you in Nov!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's like Sputnik; spherical but quite pointy in parts!

    ReplyDelete